ABBA In Concert
ABBA in Concert does not include a full concert, but originally was a TV special made for Swedish Television (SVT) 1980. Therefore it combines some elements of a documentary with a concert film. The first part shows scenes with ABBA off stage in the USA and also gives some insights on the spirit of the time. It then switches to the concert which was filmed and recorded at Wembley Arena in London.
We have started negotiation with Radio Sweden to record a TV-special during this tour, possibly called "ABBA International" to be shown at the beginning of 1980. More details will follow after the summer.
Polar press release, May 9, 1979
The DVD was released in 2004 and includes a booklet with many pictures and an extensive essay by Carl Magnus Palm.
According to Palm’s liner notes two of the Wembley concerts were filmed, but none of them in full as the TV special had a limited running time.
- Waterloo (excerpt)
- Eagle (excerpt)
- Take A Chance On Me (excerpt)
- Voulez-Vous (edited)
- Chiquitita (edited)
- I Have A Dream (interrupted by rehearsal scenes)
- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
- Knowing Me, Knowing You (edited)
- Summer Night City
- Dancing Queen
- Does Your Mother Know
- Hole In Your Soul
- Gammal fäbodpsalm (excerpt played over end titles)
Bonus tracks on DVD (originally not included in the TV special):
- The Way Old Friends Do (taken from Words and Music 1980)
- I Have A Dream (unedited)
- Thank You For The Music
- Interview with director Urban Lasson
- Interview with promoter and tour producer Thomas Johansson
- Tour programme picture gallery
- Mamma Mia! 5th anniversary trailer
Some later TV broadcasts of the concert part were edited and used a different order of the tracks!